“This is not just a sobering report…this is a damning report. This report is a call to action…no excuses, no boundaries. The only thing that matters is we dramatically reduce these numbers.”
– Darrell Steinberg, Mayor of Sacramento
In 2017, the number of homeless in Sacramento rose by a startling 30 percent from 2015. Now, over 3,600 individuals are homeless, the highest number of people living without permanent housing that Sacramento has ever recorded, according to local homeless organization Sacramento Steps Forward.
“Viewfinder: Homelessness” will explore key factors that are fueling homelessness such as skyrocketing housing costs in Northern California. What resources are missing? Who would pay for them? How does a municipality clear an area of homeless people, knowing those people will simply relocate to another neighborhood?
Many ideas and solutions have been explored and this documentary will raise the dialogue on ways to address this crisis.
KVIE is a leader in producing documentaries on topics affecting our region such as “The Boomer’s Guide to Growing Older” and “Getting There: Transit in the Sacramento Region.” Through this KVIE program on homelessness, tens of thousands of citizens in our region will grasp the human dimension of homelessness, while gaining a fuller understanding of the key causes and solutions proving to be effective.
Sponsorship of this 30 minute documentary will demonstrate your commitment to the local community while raising your profile to an educated, influential, and diverse audience. Furthermore, sponsors benefit from the halo-effect of being associated with KVIE and its mission to make a meaningful contribution to our community.
PAST KVIE STORIES ABOUT POVERTY
POVERTY AND POOR HEALTH
ROB ON THE ROAD: ST MARY'S DINING ROOM
- ON-AIR SPONSOR RECOGNITION
• Your organization’s sponsor recognition spot, appearing at the beginning and again at the end of a new 30-minute ViewFinder documentary on Homelessness. The spot is embedded in the program, remains attached for the life of the program, and is included on all DVD copies of the program.
• 100 bonus sponsor spots on KVIE
• 100 bonus sponsor spots on KVIE2
- CUSTOM PRODUCED CREDIT
•Sponsors may use an existing spot, or KVIE will produce one customized sponsorship credit at N/C. Spot production includes a maximum one day shoot (up to two local locations), graphics/logos/images, and voice-over copy which adheres to KVIE, PBS, and FCC guidelines. .
- EVENT RECOGNITION
• Verbal recognition and the option to have a speaker at a public screening of the sponsored episode.
• Recognition in print and online materials related to the screening, including (but not limited to) event flyers, day-of signage, and RSVP webpage.
• The option for a reserved sponsor information table and your company banner prominently displayed at the event.
• 10 VIP tickets to the public screening.
- PRINT RECOGNITION
• Recognition on all print materials created and used to promote this sponsored ViewFinder episode for distribution. Materials may include press releases, media kits, postcards, flyers, and print advertising.
• Recognition on the DVD sleeve of the program.
• 50 DVD copies of the program for your distribution. KVIE can produce a custom DVD cover designed for your marketing needs. Your organization may elect to have up to a :60 marketing message introducing the program at the beginning of your 50 personalized DVD’s.
- ONLINE CREDIT
• Sponsor logo recognition with a link to your website on the ViewFinder episode webpage
• Sponsor logo recognition with a link to your website in one weekly KVIE e-newsletter (circulation 50,000+)
- Recognition in KVIE print materials related to ViewFinder: Homelessness (example below is from the OnSix Guide showing text recognition of program sponsors).