We are the PBS station for Sacramento and the Central Valley, our region’s provider of the most trusted public institution in America for 16 consecutive years (Market & Research Resources, Inc. 2019).
You can reach nearly 1.4 million households in the 20th largest television market – and many of our loyal viewers are upscale consumers, community leaders, and business decision makers.
Sponsorship here builds recognition and rapport with your target audience.
When you sponsor with PBS KVIE, you enhance your reputation as a good corporate citizen while boosting your visibility with the right audiences.
On-Air Sponsorship on PBS KVIE
When you sponsor a program, you ally yourself with public trust and with excellence. Award winners such as PBS NewsHour, NOVA, Nature, MASTERPIECE, This Old House, and American Experience each have loyal viewers who respect the shows and their sponsors. Children and their parents enjoy the highly rated and beloved children's programs, such as Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Curious George, and Sesame Street.
Program sponsorship consists of :10, :15, or :30 second spots at the open or close of specific broadcasts.
Other sponsorship opportunities also include sponsoring special events such as:
- PBS KVIE Art Auction
- PBS KVIE Spring Fundraiser
- Preview screenings of original local films
- Public engagement events and station supporter events
- And more.
On-Air Sponsor Messages Guidelines
Sponsor spots on PBS KVIE are intended to thank and identify sponsors.
PBS KVIE can produce a spot for your organization or air your existing spot. Most existing image or business brand spots are ideally suited for PBS KVIE's low-clutter, high-credibility environment. Sponsor messages that do not meet FCC standards for public television can be altered for compliance.
Sponsor Messages MAY:
- Be :10, :15 or :30 in length
- Identify and depict sponsor's products or services and a logo
- Use a well-established slogan or corporate positioning statement
- Show a telephone number, web address, event dates and locations
- Use music or sound effects identifying the company, people, and other voice-overs (music rights must be cleared by client)
Make an association between sponsor and program
Sponsor Messages May NOT:
- Use comparative or superlative language.
- Offer price, discount or financing information (including "free")
- Use calls to action which direct the viewer to call, visit, try, or compare
- Use inducement to buy statements that direct the viewer to purchase the product (e.g. free trial period, 2 for 1, etc)
- Include endorsements.
We are PBS for Sacramento and the Central Valley, a local part of the most trusted organization in America (CARAVAN ORC International, January 2015). We reach nearly 1.4 million households in the 20th largest television market – and many of our loyal viewers are upscale consumers, community leaders, and business decision makers (get more information about our audience here). Learn more about how your business can get involved, then contact our sponsorship team to start the process.
Sponsorship happens at every level.
Corporations, small businesses, government agencies, unions, associations, foundations, and other nonprofits are all proud PBS KVIE sponsors. Your group can sponsor PBS KVIE programming, support events, volunteer as a group and see your employees and logo on air, participate in corporate matching gifts programs, and more. Click here to view our media kit and see how your group can get involved.
Why sponsor PBS KVIE?
- Build brand identification and strengthen your corporate image. When you sponsor PBS KVIE, you are making a meaningful contribution to our mission to serve our community – and the community will recognize that. (Source: Cone Corporate Citizenship Study; 2008 GFK Roper Public Affairs & Media Survey;PBS image Study)
- 90% of Americans have a more positive image of companies that take part in cause-related marketing.
- 74% of PBS viewers believe that PBS sponsors are committed to quality and excellence.
- Almost two-thirds of PBS viewers are more likely to purchase the product or service of a PBS sponsor.
- Our sponsors’ messages have a greater impact in the low-clutter environment found only on public television. Our dignified approach to on-air support is appreciated and respected by our viewers. With no hard sells and less than two minutes of sponsor messages in any given half an hour, your message will stand out.
- Build a relationship with the community you serve. Strengthen your ties to the community and increase the effectiveness of your comprehensive marketing campaign through our community- and member-based possibilities. Click here to learn more about on-air sponsorship, click here to learn more about community outreach and special events, or contact our sponsorship team to discuss your sponsorship idea.
Ready to get started? Contact Kevin Smith-Fagan, our Vice President of Leadership Giving & Associate GM at (916) 641-3595, or email@example.com.