Guidelines for On-Air Sponsor Messages
Credits of KVIE are intended as a way of thanking and identifying underwriters. In general, credits on public television maintain a noncommercial sound, in keeping with the noncommercial nature of public broadcasting.
KVIE can produce a spot for your organization or air and exisitng, preproduced spot. Most existing image or business brand spots are ideally suited for KVIE's unique low -clutter, highly credible environment. Those sponsor messages that do not meet FCC standards for public television may require minor changes.
Sponsor Messages MAY:
- Be :10, :15 or :30 in length
- Identify and depict sponsor's products or services
- Show a logo
- Use a well-established slogan or corporate positioning statement
- Show a telephone number
- Show a web site address
- Show event dates and locations
- Use music or sound effects identifying the company, people, and other voice-overs (Rights to music must be cleared first by client or agency)
- Make an association between sponsor and program
Sponsor Messages May NOT:
- Use comparative or superlative language.
- Offer price, discount or financing information (including "free")
- Use calls to action which direct the viewer to call, visit, try, or compare
- Use inducement to buy statements that direct the viewer to purchase the product (e.g. free trial period, 2 for 1, etc)
- Include endorsements
Contact Staci A. Orlando, our Associate GM-Operations & CFO, at (916) 641-3621 or email@example.com.