Rate: Salary + Commission
Reports To: CFO/Associate General Manager - Operations
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Sponsorship in the subject line.
Cover letter MUST answer these three questions:
- Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE?
- What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position?
- What three values will you bring to our organization?
Prospects, cultivates, and sustains partnerships with local businesses and organizations in financial support of PBS KVIE. Our ideal team player is engaging, well-versed in PBS KVIE programming, and skilled at building relationships within the community.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- Offers sponsorship packages, including spot buys, event support, program-specific packages, production funding, trades, and other appropriate offerings.
- Develops new revenue prospects and fosters existing client relationships.
- Creates proposals and presentations to existing clients and prospects.
- Maintains account records to facilitate maximum awareness of client prospect interactions.
- Submits tracking reports to help monitor achievements of revenue goals.
- Learns and incorporates new research information for client presentations.
- Contributes ideas for improving marketing and systems best practices.
- Develops long and short-term plans for revenue achievement.
- Accesses, utilizes, and presents information on future programming, air dates, program descriptions, promotions, ratings, and qualitative research.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Proven track record in sales; including prospecting, presenting, and closing.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Understanding of digital sales preferred.
- Some marketing understanding of creative elements in print and for in-air spots preferred.
Education / Experience
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience with an emphasis on sales and marketing.
- Minimum of three years of experience in sales and marketing, media experience a plus.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Light travel required.
|0 – 24%
|25 – 49%
|50 – 74%
|75 – 100%
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
Diversity in the Workplace
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, this policy aims to effectuate these principles and mandates. PBS KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PBS KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.