Reports To: Associate General Manager - Operations & CFO
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com with Your Last Name Sponsorship in the subject line.
Cover letter MUST answer these three questions:
- Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE?
- What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position?
- What three values will you bring to our organization?
Provides administrative support to the Chief Sponsorship Manager by researching business industry trends and consumer habits, creating proposals, following up with clients, managing deliverables, and providing general sales support. Our ideal team player is a creative administrator with the ability to organize projects, communicate with stakeholders, and create engaging marketing materials.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- works well with stakeholders.
- Works with the sponsorship team to develop and design proposals for prospective sponsors, utilizes research tools, provides data management, and general sales support.
- Ensures contract fulfillment, including calendaring and monitoring on-air sponsorship spots and credits, acquisition/distribution of tickets, and other sponsor recognition (e.g., print materials, signage, email/newsletter).
- Tracks the progress of sponsorship efforts by maintaining an accurate database of account activity.
- Schedules broadcast spot records in ProTrack.
- Schedules and monitors in-house spot production for sponsors and assists as needed with spot creation.
- Works with account managers to provide proof of performance packages to sponsors.
- Executes marketing activities to promote sponsorship among businesses in the community.
- Applies PBS and FCC regulations concerning corporate acknowledgments as needed.
- Collaborates with the accounting team and client billing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive oral communication skills with the ability to consistently produce concise, professional written communication.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Experience in a fundraising, sales or marketing environment working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of design tools, database software. Salesforce, Wrike, and ProTrack or similar software a plus.
- Working knowledge and understanding of corporate funding within the public broadcasting environment preferred.
- Ability to deploy digital tools for tasks like e-newsletters, market research, etc.
Education / Experience
- AA/BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of administrative or marketing experience.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
Diversity in the Workplace
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, this policy aims to effectuate these principles and mandates. PBS KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PBS KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.