Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Technology
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com with Your Last Name Network in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Provides quality customer service by supporting all network and server needs. Our ideal team player is hungry to learn the latest technology, strives for quality customer service, and enjoys problem-solving.
If you value public television, consider joining our KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
- Supports, configures, maintains and updates internal network and servers.
- Responds to client support tickets and issues in a timely fashion.
- Supports engineering staff with implementation and maintenance of IT-centric broadcast equipment.
- Supports and maintains network printer hardware and supplies.
- Implements and maintains Active Directory and Group Policy services.
- Creates user accounts, permissions, and passwords.
- Assists in the Information Systems design, installation, and training.
- Continually reviews station LAN performance. Brainstorms and implements with the team on design, routing protocols, VLAN construction, subnetting and other parameters to improve performance.
- Configures Layer 2 and 3 switches.
- Troubleshoots and maintains the VoIP telephone system.
- Keeps abreast of current information technology trends allowing efficient and effective use of all computer equipment.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of inventory and network policies.
- Addresses issues and discrepancy reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of LAN and IT operations.
- Assists with the management of daily network data backup.
- Oversees IT as necessary during vacations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Ability to navigate professionally through personnel and time sensitive matters.
- Experience with the most current Active Directory in Windows Server, Exchange, Data Protection Manager, SharePoint, MS Office OS, AutoCAD, and SQL.
- Experience with VPN and SonicWall Firewall.
- Experience with Cloud-Managed Wi-Fi, fiber channel, SAN, NAS & DAS systems.
- Experience with HRP Procurve Networking, WAN, and TCP/IP.
- Experience with VoIP phone systems.
- Provides quality customer service.
Education / Experience
- BA/BA/AA in IT, Computer Science, or related field or experience.
- A minimum of three years of similar experience.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.