Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Technology
Rate: $25 - 27 hourly
Schedule: Hybrid - Monday, and Friday remote work optional. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are required in-office days.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Master Control TPT in the subject line.
Cover letter MUST answer these three questions:
- Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE?
- What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position?
- What three values will you bring to our organization?
Provides quality customer service by supporting all network and server needs. Our ideal team player is hungry to learn the latest technology, strives for quality customer service, and enjoys problem-solving.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- hungry to learn the latest technology.
- strives for quality customer service.
- enjoys problem-solving.
- Supports, configures, maintains, and updates internal network and servers.
- Responds to client support tickets and issues in a timely fashion.
- Supports engineering staff with its implementation and maintenance of IT-centric broadcast equipment.
- Assists in the ongoing design and maintenance of the network security architecture.
- Supports and maintains network printer hardware and supplies.
- Implements and maintains Active Directory and Group Policy services.
- Creates user accounts, permissions, and passwords.
- Assists in the Information Systems design, installation, and training.
- Continually reviews station LAN performance. Brainstorms and implements with the team on design, routing protocols, VLAN construction, subnetting and other parameters to improve performance.
- Configures Layer 2 and 3 switches.
- Troubleshoots and maintains the VoIP telephone system.
- Keeps abreast of current information technology trends allowing efficient and effective use of all computer equipment.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of inventory and network policies.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of LAN and IT operations.
- Assists with the management of daily network data backup.
- Oversees IT as necessary during vacations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Collaborative and works effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Ability to navigate professionally, confidentially, and swiftly through personnel and time-sensitive matters.
- Experience with the most current Active Directory in Windows Server, Exchange, Data Protection Manager, SharePoint, MS Office OS, AutoCAD, and SQL.
- Experience with VPN and SonicWall Firewall.
- Experience with Cloud-Managed Wi-Fi, fiber channel, SAN, NAS & DAS systems.
- Experience with HRP Procurve Networking, WAN, and TCP/IP.
- Experience with VoIP and/or Cloud phone systems.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Ability to navigate professionally through personnel and time-sensitive matters.
Education / Experience
- BS/AA in IT, Computer Science, or related field or experience.
- Minimum of three years of similar experience.
- Must be available on-call 24/7 during emergencies.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 50lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
Diversity in the Workplace
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions based on merit. Our practice is to hire the best available person for every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hairstyles and textures), color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, reproductive health decision-making, or related medical condition), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (including immigration and/or citizenship status), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, political activities/affiliation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We also prohibit unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has been or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job must contact a department manager or human resources to request specific accommodations. We will engage in a timely, good faith, interactive process to determine the need for a reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation exists and will not impose an undue hardship on the Company, an accommodation will be made.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.