Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
Department: Development and Marketing
Reports To: Director of Development and Marketing
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Marketing in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Provides administrative support to the marketing team by creating content for publications and social media. Our ideal team player hungers to further KVIE’s brand, supports marketing practices, and works well with others. If you value public television, consider joining our KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
- Supports the marketing team with the promotion of programs, special events, and branding.
- Drafts promotional documents for social media, web, print, copy, press releases, articles, radio scripts, on-air tune-in promotion, etc.
- Coordinates and reviews content related to social media.
- Writes editorial copy for weekly/monthly station e-newsletters and Passport enews as assigned.
- Assists with editorial needs for promotions as needed.
- Monitors, records, and reports on website and social media analytics.
- Maintains community outreach lists to maximize station communication efforts.
- Supports web developer in updating general web content, including daily carousel content.
- Regularly updates local production Protrack records with descriptions, Nielsen reports, and online TV schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Basic understanding of social media best practices.
- Effective proof-reading skills – familiarity with AP style preferred.
- Basic Photoshop required. WordPress or other photo/web software experience desirable.
Education / Experience
- BA degree in Marketing or Public Relations or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of professional administrative experience.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- SBE Certification desirable.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.