Department: Leadership Giving
Reports To: Chief Philanthropy Officer
Rate: $20 - 25.00 hourly
Schedule: Flexible schedule may be available based on role and department's needs after 90 days of training.
Provides high-level administrative support to the Leadership Giving team through a strong focus on donor service and engagement. Our ideal team player is an engaging people person who is excited to identify new donors and funding opportunities, digs into data and systems, and is committed to building positive relationships with donors through exemplary customer service.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- enjoys meeting and engaging new people.
- appreciates the importance of quality customer service.
- Studies and understands the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the station.
- Serves as department point of contact for donor and prospective donor inquiries, requests, and general communications, and special events.
- Processes donations ensuring accurate, timely entry, and acknowledgment.
- Manages member database including establishing and maintaining donor and prospective donor files, tracks giving, and prepares reports and analysis.
- Conducts donor and prospective donor research.
- Drafts communication materials such as solicitations, acknowledgment letters, newsletters, grant/funding proposals, event invitations, and general correspondence in print and electronic formats.
- Manages creation and execution of department mailings including acknowledgment letters, solicitations, proposals, newsletters, and other communication using department calendar.
- Works in collaboration with the Leadership Giving Officer to manage donor pipeline. Duties include identifying new donors, welcoming supporters, planning and developing customized materials and outreach to increase giving, and providing high level stewardship.
- Maintains standard operating procedures (SOP) and documentation supporting department functions and recommends process improvements as needed.
- Co-produces department special events as needed with events project manager.
- Coordinates Development Committee meetings. Duties include calendar support and scheduling, setting up hybrid and in-person meetings with hospitality service, and recording meeting minutes.
- Supports charitable grants process by researching foundations and corporate grant makers, collaborates with appropriate program staff on content, drafts and submits grant proposals, and completes reports for grants received. Maintains grants calendar and drives headlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Clear, open, and proactive communication skills with the ability to consistently produce concise, professional written communication with minimal to no errors.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Collaborative and works effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Comfortable engaging with and providing high level customer service to donors and prospective donors.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently, following established protocols and procedures.
- Working knowledge of general fundraising principles such as prospect research, proposal writing and submission, and donor cultivation and stewardship is desirable.
- Project management and event coordination experience desirable.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and situations with sensitivity and discretion.
- Strong working knowledge of digital tools to design and deliver electronic communications.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign or similar design program preferred but not required.
- Experience using Salesforce and/or other constituent management database systems preferred but not required.
- Experience using research tools such as DonorSearch preferred but not required.
Education / Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of administrative and grant writing experience in nonprofit development preferred.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed to support events that build relationships with donors.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
|0 – 24%
|25 – 49%
|50 – 74%
|75 – 100%
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions based on merit. Our practice is to hire the best available person for every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hairstyles and textures), color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, reproductive health decision-making, or related medical condition), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (including immigration and/or citizenship status), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, political activities/affiliation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We also prohibit unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has been or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job must contact a department manager or human resources to request specific accommodations. We will engage in a timely, good faith, interactive process to determine the need for a reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation exists and will not impose an undue hardship on the Company, an accommodation will be made.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.