Reports To: Member Services Supervisor
Rate: $17 - 20.00 hourly
Schedule: Flexible schedule may be available based on role and department's needs after 90 days of training.
Positively and professionally responds to viewer inquiries, addresses member services issues, and performs some database entry and updates. Our ideal team player has a great deal of patience, communicates clearly and concisely by phone, email, and live chat, and shares our passion for public media and lifelong learning.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- Responds to viewer and member inquiries, comments, complaints in a professional, positive, and timely manner within 24-hours.
- Contributes to an efficient working environment assuming responsibilities required to maintain good membership services, data integrity, and company accountability.
- Maintains donor database on the Salesforce NGOC platform as needed for customer service, product sales, and financial entry.
- Performs financial/data entry, refunds, and/or adjustments in a timely manner within 24-hours.
- Troubleshoots member and donation payment issues effectively and efficiently.
- Serves as back-up receptionist as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Clear, open, and proactive communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Collaborative and works effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Possesses the ability to provide quality customer service always.
- Strong telephone customer service skills.
- Experience working with CRM software.
- Maintains discretion when working with confidential information.
- Experience in Salesforce NGOC strongly desired.
- Understands streaming technology and personal implementation.
Education / Experience
- AA degree in communications, marketing or liberal arts, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years of recent frontline, intense customer service or sales in a high-volume office environment including both verbal and written communication.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- SBE Certification desirable.
|0 – 24%
|25 – 49%
|50 – 74%
|75 – 100%
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions based on merit. Our practice is to hire the best available person for every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hairstyles and textures), color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, reproductive health decision-making, or related medical condition), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (including immigration and/or citizenship status), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, political activities/affiliation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We also prohibit unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has been or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job must contact a department manager or human resources to request specific accommodations. We will engage in a timely, good faith, interactive process to determine the need for a reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation exists and will not impose an undue hardship on the Company, an accommodation will be made.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume, we will not accept or respond to phone/email inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of their online application. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.