Reports To: Associate General Manager - Operations/CFO
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name DOT in the subject line.
Cover letter MUST answer these three questions:
- Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE?
- What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position?
- What three values will you bring to our organization?
Manages the quality of PBS KVIE’s engineering, master control, and information technology department. Our ideal team player is meticulous, well versed in broadcast best practices, enjoys problem-solving, and serves as a leader of change and technological growth.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- healthy curiosity for technology.
- works well under pressure, with short deadlines, and during emergencies.
- Manages the areas of studio & transmission engineering, information technology, digital media, and program operations.
- Manages specifications, design, procurement, installation, and training for all technical and broadcast equipment.
- Develops and oversees the engineering, master control, and information technology budgets.
- Serves as the station’s FCC chief operator and chief engineer.
- Maintains systems performance to PBS technical standards and FCC compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Demonstrated supervisory and coaching skills with a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and employee development.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Knowledge of standard technical procedures involved in planning and executing broadcast, production, and information technology operations.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations and ATC operating standards for television broadcast.
- Working knowledge of information technology infrastructure, including TCP/IP networks, Wi-Fi networks, operating systems/servers, and Windows Office.
- Knowledge of building electrical and HVAC systems.
Education / Experience
- BA/BS degree in Electronic Technology or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience managing an engineering team.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Light local travel required.
- Must be available 24/7 for emergency purposes.
- SBE Certification preferred.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
Diversity in the Workplace
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, this policy aims to effectuate these principles and mandates. PBS KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PBS KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.