Reports To: Director of Technology
Rate: $30 - 34.50, hourly
Schedule: Flexible schedule may be available based on role and department's needs after 90 days of training.
Oversees the master control operators and broadcast traffic priorities. Our ideal team player is a seasoned master control operator with adaptability and analytical skills, and the ability to creatively problem-solve.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- adaptable to changes in schedule.
- Supervises, trains, and schedules the Master Control Operators.
- Serves as back-up to Master Control Operators during vacations, sick leave, and other coverage as needed.
- Develops, implements, and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Master Control and Traffic.
- Meets compliance expectations to FCC Closed Caption and EAS.
- Develops improvements and additions to Broadcast Operations duties, procedures and facilities with team support.
- Emergency contact for Master Control program/log issues.
- Recommends and coordinates repair of station equipment as it applies to master control and broadcast operations.
- Maintains current versions of ProTrack Broadcast software and acts as subject matter expert for other users.
- Creates and supervises creation of Daily Broadcast Logs for all channels.
- Creates and maintains all Broadcast Traffic entries.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Clear, open, and proactive communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Collaborative and works effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and employee development.
- Familiar with FCC Rules and Regulations.
- Familiar with broadcast operations including multi-channel on-air switching, content storage and management, and video and audio quality control.
- Strong working knowledge of NVerzion and ProTrack preferred.
Education / Experience
- BA/BS degree in Broadcast or Communications or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of experience working in television broadcast operations.
- Supervisor or team leadership experience preferred.
- Must be available on-call 24/7 during emergencies.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
Diversity in the Workplace
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions based on merit. Our practice is to hire the best available person for every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hairstyles and textures), color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, reproductive health decision-making, or related medical condition), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (including immigration and/or citizenship status), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, political activities/affiliation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We also prohibit unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has been or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job must contact a department manager or human resources to request specific accommodations. We will engage in a timely, good faith, interactive process to determine the need for a reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation exists and will not impose an undue hardship on the Company, an accommodation will be made.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.