How to download the PBS app on your Fire TV
Create a PBS Account
Before getting started with downloading the PBS App Channel, you'll need to make sure that you have a PBS account.
- Be sure to use your personal email when signing up with PBS
- To create an account please click here
- If you already have an account, please move on to step 2
Search for the PBS App
In Step 2, you'll need to locate the PBS App in the Amazon Firestick Channel Store.
- To download the PBS App, hover over on Magnifying glass Icon to search
- Type in PBS Video on the search bar
Download and Install the PBS App on Your Amazon Fire TV
Once you've found the PBS App, you'll be able to add the channel to your library by downloading the application. After you've added the PBS App, you'll be able to open it once it finishes downloading.
- Click PBS Video
- Click Download
- The channel will now appear on your main screen
Activate Your PBS App Channel
Open your PBS Channel. You will need to activate Passport with a unique activation key in order to watch with Passport. To find where to apply your unique activation key on the PBS website, please proceed to Step 5.
- Open the PBS Video app
- An activation code will be displayed on the screen
- Once you have your activation code, proceed to step 5 to use it on the PBS website
Go to pbs.org/activate on Your Mobile / Desktop Device
Once you have your unique activation code, please go to your desktop or mobile device that's connected to the internet. You'll need to open up a web browser and type in the url bar: pbs.org/activate.
- Go to your computer, tablet, or phone and open a web browser such as
Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Type in pbs.org/activate in the address bar at the top of the screen
Enter Your Unique Activation Key
After the page loads, you'll be ask to type in your unique activation code on the website. Click the white text box space next to the blue button, and type in your code. Once you've typed in your code, click Continue.
- Make sure you have your unique activation code written down to proceed
- Enter your activation code into the text box that appears
- Click Continue
Sign in to Your PBS Account
You’re all done!
- Sign in with your PBS Account, Facebook Account, or Google Account
- Go back to PBS Video app on your Fire TV and select a program to start watching with PBS KVIE Passport!
Are you a Passport member? Walk through our tutorial to learn how to activate your passport account on your Fire TV.