Classification: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Facilities TPT in the subject line.
Starting Salary: $14 per hour
Cover letter MUST answer these three questions:
- Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE?
- What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position?
- What three values will you bring to our organization?
Helps maintain the safety and security of the PBS KVIE building after business hours and supports the Facilities team on projects and events as needed.
Our ideal team player is trustworthy, reliable, able to multi-task with little supervision, and provides quality customer service to our tenants, guests, and employees. This position is ideal for anyone looking to supplement their income with evening and weekend shifts.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- Supports staff, guests, and tenant building needs timely and professionally.
- Monitors facility use for all tenants, including opening, closing and securing the building.
- Sets up conference rooms, studios, etc. specific to event needs. Assists event coordinators with facility needs during events.
- Monitors station activities as needed, which may include receiving clients and vendors, set up adjustments, occasional trash removal, and minor janitorial tasks, and securing the building after events end.
- Miscellaneous building and warehouse maintenance duties as assigned.
- Supports PBS KVIE staff during pledge and other fundraising activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Strong working knowledge of broadcast television automation systems.
- Strong working knowledge of transmitter remote-control systems – video, audio, internet, internet protocol, video and audio servers
- Familiar with FCC rules and regulations for TV broadcast.
- Experience with HDTV resolutions and conversions.
- Working knowledge of ATSC audio and video signal measurement and evaluation techniques.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Light janitorial experience a plus.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, this policy aims to effectuate these principles and mandates. PBS KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PBS KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.