Classification: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Starting: $15.50 hourly
Helps maintain the safety and security of the PBS KVIE building after business hours and supports the Facilities team on projects and events as needed.
Our ideal team player is trustworthy, reliable, able to multi-task with little supervision, and provides quality customer service to our tenants, guests, and employees. This position is ideal for anyone looking to supplement their income with evening and weekend shifts.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- Supports staff, guests, and tenant building needs timely and professionally.
- Monitors facility use for all tenants, including opening, closing and securing the building.
- Sets up conference rooms, studios, etc. specific to event needs. Assists event coordinators with facility needs during events.
- Monitors station activities as needed, which may include receiving clients and vendors, set up adjustments, occasional trash removal, and minor janitorial tasks, and securing the building after events end.
- Miscellaneous building and warehouse maintenance duties as assigned.
- Supports PBS KVIE staff during pledge and other fundraising activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Strong working knowledge of broadcast television automation systems.
- Strong working knowledge of transmitter remote-control systems – video, audio, internet, internet protocol, video and audio servers
- Familiar with FCC rules and regulations for TV broadcast.
- Experience with HDTV resolutions and conversions.
- Working knowledge of ATSC audio and video signal measurement and evaluation techniques.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Light janitorial experience a plus.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
Diversity in the Workplace
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions based on merit. Our practice is to hire the best available person for every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hairstyles and textures), color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, reproductive health decision-making, or related medical condition), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (including immigration and/or citizenship status), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, political activities/affiliation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We also prohibit unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has been or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job must contact a department manager or human resources to request specific accommodations. We will engage in a timely, good faith, interactive process to determine the need for a reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation exists and will not impose an undue hardship on the Company, an accommodation will be made.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.