Classification: Regular, Full-time, Exempt
Department: President's Office
Reports To: President and General Manager
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com with Your Last Name Philanthropy in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Independently leads the cultivation of new and existing support through the solicitation of significant gifts and bequests. Our ideal team player is outgoing with a talent for building long-term relationships and serving as a positive ambassador to PBS KVIE.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
- Develops and manages a systematic plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward high level donors.
- Establishes solicitation priorities, manages prospect lists, prospect research, and prospect tracking.
- Creates a continuum of giving opportunities for individuals to be seamlessly integrated among direct response fundraising vehicles (including mail and online fundraising systems), major gifts, and gift planning.
- Collaborates with President and General Manager on board-led initiatives and events.
- Positively engages throughout the community on behalf of the station.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Current on fundraising and donor cultivation best practices.
- Proven track record of successfully securing major gift support, with a focus on closing six figure asks.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight years of professional fundraising experience with a focus on major gifts.
- Light travel required.
- Available to work evenings and weekends routinely.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
KVIE EEO Policy: KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.