Reports To: Associate General Manager - Production
Rate: $64,480 - 70,000 annualized
Schedule: Flexible schedule may be available based on role and department's needs after 90 days of training.
Creates high-quality, compelling content that captures audiences through engaging and thoughtful storytelling. Our ideal team player is creative, collaborative, works well with a diverse team to meet goals and deadlines, and supports PBS KVIE’s mission.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- Enterprise story ideas, research topics, interview subjects, and write scripts.
- Work collaboratively with videographers, editors, graphic artists, and content supervisors to create and complete projects.
- Obtain permission and releases for location and talent.
- Manage and keep project related assets and information up to date.
- Produce additional content for promotion and online as assigned.
- Crew production as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Clear, open, and proactive communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Collaborative and works effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Ability to cover a wide range of story ideas in multiple formats including history, agriculture, health, arts, business, education, science, people, and politics.
- Experience with story researching.
- Experience with the creation of content for web and social media use.
Education / Experience
- BA/BS degree in Broadcast, Journalism, or Communications or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in broadcast television or documentary production with an emphasis on field production, scripting, and story completion.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Light local travel required.
|0 – 24%
|25 – 49%
|50 – 74%
|75 – 100%
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions based on merit. Our practice is to hire the best available person for every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hairstyles and textures), color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, reproductive health decision-making, or related medical condition), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (including immigration and/or citizenship status), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, political activities/affiliation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We also prohibit unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has been or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job must contact a department manager or human resources to request specific accommodations. We will engage in a timely, good faith, interactive process to determine the need for a reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation exists and will not impose an undue hardship on the Company, an accommodation will be made.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.