Reports To: Director of Development & Marketing
Rate: $20 - 26 hourly
Schedule: A flexible schedule may be available based on role and department's needs after 90 days of training.
The Marketing Coordinator supports the marketing team with the promotion of programs, special events, and branding. Our ideal team player is a creative writer who is passionate about and well-versed in our programming. This position coordinates PBS KVIE’s monthly print programming guide, email efforts, on-air promotions, and more.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- Coordinates production of the monthly print programming guide, including planning, drafting, and editing content; coordinating with other departments; and supporting the graphic designer in layout and design.
- Coordinates email marketing, from planning the editorial calendar and coordinating the organization-wide schedule to drafting, editing, sending, and analyzing performance. Provides email marketing support to other departments as needed.
- Works closely with the Director of Development and Marketing to support program promotion and brand management efforts.
- Works with national marketing material provided by PBS and other member stations to create promotions relevant to the local audience.
- Coordinates and proofs weekly on-air promo reels and long-lead promo spots. Supports Traffic with insertion orders and by keeping inventory fresh. Drafts new on-air spots as needed.
- Uploads video content to website and coordinates promotional priorities through PBS Curate and other PBS tools and applications.
- Serves as a liaison between programming and station by fielding questions, coordinating grid, and episode descriptions.
- Works with various departments to produce and coordinate other print collateral and digital marketing initiatives.
- Supports communications planning and promotion of station initiatives, including special events and community outreach.
- Promotes local productions and broadcast schedule via all available marketing channels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Strong organization and project coordination skills.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, including knowledge of AP Style.
- Experience using an email marketing service; HTML experience a plus.
- Understands marketing and branding concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, WordPress, Salesforce, and email marketing software.
Education / Experience
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a marketing/communications role.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
|0 – 24%
|25 – 49%
|50 – 74%
|75 – 100%
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions based on merit. Our practice is to hire the best available person for every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hairstyles and textures), color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, reproductive health decision-making, or related medical condition), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (including immigration and/or citizenship status), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, political activities/affiliation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We also prohibit unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has been or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job must contact a department manager or human resources to request specific accommodations. We will engage in a timely, good faith, interactive process to determine the need for a reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation exists and will not impose an undue hardship on the Company, an accommodation will be made.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume, we will not accept or respond to phone/email inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of their online application. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.