Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Technology
# of Open Positions: 2
Duration: 6 months, minimum
Rate: $15 hourly
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name IT Intern in the subject line.
Cover letter MUST answer these three questions:
- Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE?
- What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position?
- What three values will you bring to our organization?
This internship is ideal for a student hoping to gain hands-on IT experience with an organization that welcomes growth and opportunity. Our ideal team player is tech-savvy, enjoys providing quality customer service, and able to multi-task under pressure.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- has a healthy curiosity for technology.
- Learning Opportunities:
- Learning to navigate in a high-speed and complex LAN environment.
- Assists the IT department to ensure systems run efficiently with maximum uptime.
- Assists and supports end-users with computer-related issues.
- Supports engineering staff with the implementation and maintenance of IT-centric broadcast equipment.
- Offers the highest level of customer service and support to staff and volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Collaborative and works effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Ability to navigate professionally through personnel and time-sensitive matters.
- Experience with Active Directory in Windows, Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, Data Protection Manager, and SharePoint a plus.
- Experience with Cloud-Managed Wi-Fi, SAN, NAS & DAS systems a plus.
Education / Experience
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student status majoring in IT, Computer Science, or related field or recent graduate within 6 months.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Will work with student schedule.
- Weekends and evenings as needed.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
Diversity in the Workplace
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, this policy aims to effectuate these principles and mandates. PBS KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PBS KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.