We educate, inspire, and unite our community through events, outreach programs, and quality television. Explore our events and ticket opportunities, Ready To Learn program, quality national and local programming, and station services.
We share the best in television.
Beloved drama like MASTERPIECE and Doc Martin, programs like Nature and NOVA that pique our curiosity, current events programs like PBS NewsHour and FRONTLINE that keep us informed, and more all have a home on KVIE. See what’s on KVIE and check the schedule, or watch on your own time online.
With six locally produced shows, we are the leading storyteller in our community.
- ViewFinder is our documentary series that takes a close look at topics that impact our region.
- Rob on the Road takes you on a weekly road trip, exploring the people and places that make Northern California so unique.
- Studio Sacramento is a weekly conversation that asks questions, invites opinions, and seeks answers for the topics and issues that matter to you, a public affairs show with the community in mind.
- KVIE Arts Showcase introduces you to artists of all kinds who use their creativity to change their community, locally and across America.
- Yes! We’re Open goes to new businesses to meet the entrepreneurs who’ve left the 9-to-5 to realize their dreams of owning their own business.
- America’s Heartland celebrates the people with a passion for agriculture throughout our nation.
We celebrate our community at events.
We love meeting our community in person! Preview a program at a screening, take in a concert with fellow KVIE viewers, meet artists of all kinds, expand your world at a lecture, and more. Visit our events page to see events and ticket opportunities.
We educate our community.
The PBS Ready To Learn service is a nationwide effort using free universally available children’s educational television, online and print resources, and community outreach to help parents and educators prepare young children for success in school. Ready To Learn is funded in part by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the California Department of Education. Support is also provided by Independent Benefit Supporters, CPS Human Resource Services, and the generosity of KVIE members.
KVIE is proud to offer a tour program as part of our outreach efforts. Students can visit one of the largest television studios in Northern California to see how television is made and transmitted.
We are a resource.
Need a meeting room? Need a video made? We can help!