Why Get a KVIE Charitable Gift Annuity
By taking a KVIE gift annuity, you guarantee yourself fixed payments for life. Instead of stressing about the volatile market or settling for weak CD rates, you get a strong, predictable check – and you will get the same payment every year for the rest of your life.
- You receive fixed payments for life, largely untaxed.
- You receive an immediate charitable tax deduction for a portion of your annuity.
- Your estate may enjoy reduced probate costs and estate tax.
How a KVIE Charitable Gift Annuity Works
- You make a gift of cash or stock (a minimum of $10,000) to fund a charitable gift annuity for the benefit of KVIE.
- Fixed payments are then made to you for life.
- The amount of the fixed payments will depend on the annuity rate for the age of the person(s) who will receive the payments: you must be 65 or older.
- The gift portion of the annuity will become fully available to KVIE only after the annuity ends.
- CGAs are also available for two-life gift annuities.