Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Associate General Manager & CFO
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Staff Accountant in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: KVIE has an immediate opening for a mid-level Staff Accountant. Our ideal candidate is experienced in accounts payable working with cash flow, payroll taxes, and purchase orders. Opportunity for additional responsibilities based on training and assessment. If you value public television and enjoy interacting with others, consider joining our team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region.
- Record disbursements, expenses, and other transactions by posting to records or ledgers.
- Responsible for accounts payable, daily coding, recording and tracking of purchase orders, travel expenditures, and check requests.
- Perform activity based costing.
- Reconcile monthly expense statements; identify and resolve account discrepancies
- Interpret guidelines and policies relating to financial procedures and practices.
- Respond to direct inquiries and handle correspondence with internal departments and outside vendors.
- Prepare appropriate and accurate month-end and year-end accruals.
- Monitor daily cash and prepare weekly cash projections to determine cash availability for weekly check run.
- Prepare monthly summary of cash outflows for month-end cash flow statement.
- Manage chart of accounts, project codes, and corporate credit cards.
- Assist with year-end independent financial audit.
- Research and prepare routine and non-routine schedules and reports as directed.
- Responsible for maintenance and operation of the accounts payable system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of accounting practices, procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
- Skill and experience in performing detailed numerical computations and preparing detailed accounting reports
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and electronic accounting systems; specifically QuickBooks and Access Database.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- 3+ years progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience.
- Experience with fixed assets a plus.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).