Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Master Control TPT in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Serves as back-up support to Master Control Operators by ensuring high quality broadcast. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and focused with the ability to work under little supervision. This position is ideal for anyone looking to supplement their income with evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
- Provides back-up support when Master Control Operators are on vacation, sick, or otherwise detained from their regular schedule
- Operation of on-air automation, transmitter, switcher and video tape recorders for multiple broadcast streams with a minimum of errors and omissions.
- Operates all broadcast and production related equipment as required for doing program dubs, timings, cueing and editing.
- Monitor and verify that all signals operate within FCC guidelines and follow all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete logs, reports and other tasks per FCC regulations while serving as designated FCC Chief Operator.
- Monitor and adjust levels of equipment to insure it operates within nominal specifications.
- Work under pressure while paying strict attention to detail.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Strong working knowledge of broadcast television automation systems.
- Strong working knowledge of transmitter remote-control systems – video, audio, internet, internet protocol, video and audio servers
- Familiar with FCC rules and regulations for TV broadcast.
- Experience with HDTV resolutions and conversions.
- Working knowledge of ATSC audio and video signal measurement and evaluation techniques.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of three years of recent experience in television broadcast master control operations.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- SBE Certification desirable.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
KVIE EEO Policy: KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.