Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Production
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name PA in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions:
- Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE?
- What makes you the best suited candidate for this position?
- What three values will you bring to our organization?
Provides administrative, technical, and operational support to the production team through all stages of the production process to help facilitate the production of high-quality content. Our ideal team player is creative, adaptable, and works well when met with competing deadlines.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
- Provides logistical and administrative support to the production team.
- Provides operational and technical support for productions and events.
- Logs and transcribes media and scripts.
- Researches and schedules productions as assigned.
- Assists with content preparation and media management for post-production ingest, distribution, and archiving.
- Updates internal production information sites, including but not limited to Sharepoint.
- Crews on productions as assigned.
- Creates content as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Experience with professional camera, audio, lighting, and post-production equipment.
- Field production, studio production, and/or editing experience a plus.
- Must be creative and resourceful.
Education / Experience
- AA/BA/BS degree in Broadcast, Communications, Journalism, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of professional production experience or internship equivalent.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
- Light travel required.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
KVIE EEO Policy: KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.