Classification: Regular. Full-Time. Non-Exempt.
Reports To: Director of Development & Marketing
Number of Open Positions: 2
Send cover letter, resume, creative writing sample(s), and salary requirement to email@example.com with Your Last Name Marketing in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE? What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
The Marketing Coordinators support the marketing team with the promotion of programs, special events, and branding. Our ideal team players are creative writers who are passionate about and well versed in our programming. Together the two Marketing Coordinators manage PBS KVIE’s social media marketing, website, events marketing, monthly print programming guide, email marketing, on-air promotions, and other promotional efforts as needed. One Coordinator will primarily focus on digital marketing while the other focuses on print and both Coordinators will be cross trained to perform all tasks.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Essential Functions - Digital:
- Coordinates social media marketing and advertising for multiple priorities across different channels, including implementing strategy, creating content calendars, analyzing performance, and reporting on metrics.
- Works with the external website team and a part-time employee to update website content – including web ads, featured content, and more – and to track, summarize, and report metrics. Coordinates content priorities with Marketing team and internal clients and ensures website content is up to date.
- Works closely with the Production team to upload video content to the website and YouTube. Uploads local programs and coordinates promotional priorities through PBS Curate and other PBS tools and applications.
- Curates content for the station’s blog based on program and station initiatives, including drafting text and selecting program features.
- Regularly updates local production ProTrack records with descriptions and monitors/updates Nielsen reports and online TV schedule.
- Maintains community outreach lists to maximize station communication efforts.
Essential Functions - Print:
- Coordinates production of the monthly print programming guide, including planning, drafting, and editing content; coordinating with other departments; and supporting the graphic designer in layout and design.
- Coordinates email marketing, from planning the editorial calendar and coordinating the organization-wide schedule to drafting, editing, sending, and analyzing performance. Provides email marketing support to other departments as needed.
- Coordinates and proofs weekly on-air promo reels and long-lead promo spots. Supports Traffic with insertion orders and by keeping inventory fresh. Drafts new on-air spots as needed.
- Uploads video content to website and coordinates promotional priorities through PBS Curate and other PBS tools and applications.
- Serves as a liaison between programming and station by fielding questions, coordinating grid, and episode descriptions.
Essential Functions - Both:
- Using national marketing materials provided by PBS, works with the Marketing team to create promotions relevant to the local audience.
- Works with various departments to produce and coordinate other print collateral and digital marketing initiatives.
- Supports email marketing efforts, including drafting, editing, and sending emails.
- Works with the Marketing team on program promotion, brand management efforts, and broadcast schedule via all available marketing channels.
- Supports communications planning and promotion of station initiatives, including special events, giving days, and community outreach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Strong organization and project coordination skills.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, including knowledge of AP Style.
- Experience using an email marketing service; HTML experience a plus.
- Understands marketing and branding concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, WordPress, Salesforce, and email marketing software.
Education / Experience
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a marketing/communications role.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. PBS KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. PBS KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.