Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Leadership Giving
Reports To: Chief Philanthropy Officer
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name LG Coordinator in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE? What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Provides high-level administrative support to the Leadership Giving team and focuses on charitable grants. Among the varied tasks are researching and applying to grant opportunities, tracking grant deliverables, data management and analysis, and co-producing special events. Our ideal team player is a super sleuth who is excited to identify new donors and funding opportunities, dives into data and systems, and committed to building positive relationships with our major donors.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the station.
- Manages the charitable grants process by researching foundations and corporate grantmakers, collaborates with appropriate program staff on content, drafts and submits grant proposals, conducts stewardship and reports for grants received. Maintains grants calendar and drives deadlines.
- Database management including establishing and maintaining donor and prospective donor files, tracking giving, and preparing reports and analysis.
- Conducts donor and prospective donor research.
- Manages department mailings, prepares acknowledgment letters and other communication as directed.
- Draft communication materials and related content to support Leadership Giving. This includes but is not limited to solicitations, acknowledgment letters, newsletters, grant/funding proposals, event invitations, and general correspondence in print and electronic formats.
- Maintain standard operating procedures and documentation supporting department functions.
- Communicates with donors, prospective donors, vendors, and other visitors as appropriate.
- Co-produces department special events as needed with the events project manager.
- Provides calendaring support for donor appointments and board and advisory committee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Schedule may include evening or weekend events to build relationships with donors.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive oral communication skills with the ability to consistently produce concise, professional written communication.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently, following established protocols and procedures.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Strong working knowledge of database systems and the ability to conduct web-based research.
- Working knowledge of general fundraising concepts such as prospect research, proposal writing and submission, donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Project management and event coordination experience desirable.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and situations with sensitivity and discretion.
- A commitment to adopting and applying fundraising best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of digital tools to design and deliver electronic communications.
- Comfortable engaging with and providing high-level customer service to donors and prospective donors.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years of administrative and grant writing experience in a nonprofit development office preferred.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign or similar design program is desirable but not required.
- Experience using Salesforce, DonorSearch, and/or Gravyty is desirable but not required.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, this policy aims to effectuate these principles and mandates. PBS KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PBS KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.