Department: On-Air Fundraising & Events
Reports To: On-Air Fundraising & Events Supervisor
Salary Range: $17 - 26 hourly
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name FE Coordinator in the subject line.
Cover letter MUST answer these three questions:
- Why do you want to be a part of PBS KVIE?
- What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position?
- What three values will you bring to our organization?
Coordinates on-air fundraising driven events, station art gallery events, and the volunteer program. Provides administrative and technical support to the team in planning additional community and fundraising events. Our ideal team player is mission-driven, experienced with event coordination with strong project management skills.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
Ideal Team Player
PBS KVIE's Ideal Team Player:
- supports our mission to inspire viewers to explore the world and connect with our community through the integrity of public media.
- celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- values a culture of team spirit and collaboration.
- strives to do more and be more.
- enjoys representing the station in the community.
- thrives under pressure.
- Provides support to the On-Air Fundraising & Events team during the planning and execution of events and projects.
- Supports on-air initiatives including pledge drives and Art Auction including but not limited to scheduling programs in ProTrack, data entry, premium and ticket tracking, donor and artist relations, studio support, volunteer management, and special guest accommodations and transportation.
- Maintains the volunteer program by managing the database, recruiting, training, communicating, and scheduling.
- While working closely with the Art Curator, coordinates the PBS KVIE Gallery, including but not limited to artist communication, database management, scheduling, art set-up/break down, gallery reception planning, and volunteer coordination.
- Assists with the solicitation of vendors and in-kind donations as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Collaborative and works effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Photoshop experience preferred.
- Event planning and/or project management experience preferred.
Education / Experience
- AA/BA degree in Communications, Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years of administrative experience.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Light local travel required.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
Diversity in the Workplace
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. Our goal is to build and foster a culture where open-minded and varied perspectives are encouraged and celebrated. Diversity is an integral part of how we function as an organization.
We believe all voices should be heard and represented through a lens of authenticity. We represent and serve Northern California's communities by producing content and programming that inspires and connects.
We value our team. We recognize our strong and cohesive collective helps us to grow as a public media and community leader. Creating an environment where employees feel safe and supported is vital to our success.
PBS KVIE EEO Policy: PBS KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, this policy aims to effectuate these principles and mandates. PBS KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PBS KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
PBS KVIE Background Check Policy: PBS KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgment after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.