Reports to: Facilities Manager
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Facilities in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: August 19, 2016
Summary: KVIE has multiple availabilities for part-time/on-call Facilities staff to help maintain the safety and security of our building. Our ideal candidate will be trustworthy, reliable and able to multi-task with little supervision. This position is ideal for anyone who would like to supplement their income with evening and weekend shifts. If you value public television consider joining our KVIE team that is committed to bringing arts, ideas and adventures to everyone in our region.
- Monitor facility use after business hours, including opening, closing and securing the building. Work schedule: nights, weekends required
- Support tenants’ evening and weekend events/activities
- Support Meeting Space Rental events, may include set up of tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment and other items as specified
- Support staff during all events and activities, may include receiving clients, vendors, setup and break down
- Lightweight janitorial duties, including but not limited to maintaining cleanliness of facilities (lobby, staff lounge, community room, shared work spaces), emptying trash & recycle cans
- Miscellaneous building/warehouse maintenance duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to understand and perform duties from written/verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position with minimal supervision.
- Sufficient computer skills to utilize Microsoft Outlook email.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid state driver’s license required.
- 2+ years Facilities Services exp. or equivalent desired.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).