Reports to: Facilities Manager
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Facilities in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: KVIE has multiple openings for part-time/on-call Facilities staff to help maintain the safety and security of our building after business hours. Our ideal candidate is trustworthy, reliable and able to multi-task with little supervision. This position is ideal for anyone looking to supplement their income with evening and weekend shifts. If you value public television consider joining our KVIE team that is committed to bringing arts, ideas and adventures to everyone in our region.
- Monitors facility use after business hours, including opening, closing and securing the building. Work schedule: nights, weekends required
- Supports tenants’ evening and weekend events/activities.
- Supports Meeting Space Rental events may include set up of tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment and other items as specified.
- Supports staff during events and activities, may include receiving clients, vendors, setup and break down.
- Lightweight janitorial duties, including but not limited to maintaining cleanliness of facilities (lobby, staff lounge, community room, shared workspaces), emptying trash & recycle cans.
- Miscellaneous building/warehouse maintenance duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and perform duties from written/verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position with minimal supervision.
- Sufficient computer skills to utilize Microsoft Outlook email.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of Facilities Services experience or equivalent desired.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
KVIE EEO Policy: KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.