Reports to: Membership Supervisor
Application Procedures: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com with Your Last Name Receptionist in the subject line. NO phone calls please.
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: Our Receptionist is tasked with greeting guests, answering multi-line phone system, accepting deliveries, and supporting tenants as needed. As the first person our guests interact with our ideal candidate is professional, knowledgeable, and welcoming. If you value public television and enjoy serving your community, consider joining a team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region!
- Professionally greet and assist guests/volunteers/clients as they enter the building.
- Answer and forward telephone calls on a multi-line console.
- Maintains security by following guidelines and best practices with regard to building access.
- Contribute to an efficient working environment assuming responsibilities required to maintain good membership services and company accountability.
- Accept deliveries and faxes to route accordingly.
- Open, monitor, and close the lobby area and telephone system.
- Maintain a professional, clean, and organized appearance of the lobby and receptionist desk.
- Assist clients renting the community room as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and telephone manner.
- Experience with multi-line business telephone system.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word & MS Excel
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and detail-oriented.
- Event planning/coordination experience preferred.
Education and Experience:
- At least one year of related receptionist/customer service and office environment experience required.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25lbs with accommodations if needed.
- Able to work flexible hours, including early morning shifts.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).