Department: Production Technical
Reports to: Director of Production
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume including a list of equipment experience: professional camera, audio, lighting, and post production software to email@example.com with Your Last Name PA in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: KVIE has an immediate opening for an assistant to support the production team. Our ideal candidate is tech savvy, organized, and embraces the PBS style of storytelling. This is a unique and wonderful learning opportunity for a budding storyteller hoping to gain more experience and learn from the very best. If you value public television and enjoy interacting with others, consider joining our team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region.
- Provide scheduling, logistical, technical, and administrative support for production department.
- Assist on studio and field production.
- Assist Post Production Manager on content prep and management for ingest, distribution, and archiving.
- Assist with department and station related event production operational services.
- Work directly with producers to research and book stories for productions.
- Log and transcribe media and scripts for website, closed captioning and other needs.
- Develop records, including story and shoot files.
- Track down file videos, photo and other story media.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls, and act as primary liaison for all associated requests and communication.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines and paying critical attention to production and technical details.
- Work effectively as part of production team – working with producers, managers, talent, crew members, and clients.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work varied schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- One or more year paid television or film production experience.
- Higher education degree preferred.
- Valid California Driver’s License and maintenance of a driving record according to KVIE insurance carrier specifications and proof of liability insurance.
- Experience with professional camera, audio, lighting, and post production equipment preferred – (please list equipment and examples of experience on resume)
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).