Duration: 6-month term
Rate: $10.00 hourly
Department: On Air Fundraising & Events
Reports to: Director of On Air Fundraising & Events
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume to email@example.com with Your Last Name and Fundraising in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: Until filled
Summary: This internship is ideal for a student hoping to gain experience in hospitality, event planning, and fundraising. Our ideal candidate will be organized and creative with working knowledge of the hospitality industry. If you believe in public television, consider joining our KVIE team, committed to inspiring our viewers to explore the world and connect with our local community, through the power of public media.
- Support department events (event planning and execution) including but not limited to: Art Auction & Gala, program screenings, Antique Valuation Day, and Golf Classic
- Opportunity to participate in live television production as crew or on-air talent
- Create event newsletters and communication material for guests, vendors, and sponsors
- Event research and vendor relationship management
- Soliciting event donations
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
- Strong computer skills with experience in Windows: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and internet experience, including social media
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task with little supervision
- Ability to professionally and positively represent KVIE to internal and external customers
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and detail-oriented
- Effective and proven communication skills
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student majoring in Event/Hospitality Management, or related field.
- One-year general office/clerical experience preferred
- Must be available evenings and weekends during membership drives and special events
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).