Reports to: Director of Membership
Application Procedures: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com with Your Last Name Membership in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: Manages membership direct marketing efforts increasing our membership by over 10% over three years and oversees the donor services representatives. Our ideal candidate is highly quantitative who is deeply curious, loves digging into data, identifying opportunity, and offering data driven suggestions for successful direct marketing efforts. If you value public television and enjoy serving your community, consider joining a team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region!
- Works closely with the Director of Membership to plan and implement strategic direct marketing efforts, including mail, telemarketing, email, and social media.
- Utilizes cross-functional project management skills to ensure direct membership marketing efforts are well executed and timely with consistent brand messaging.
- Recommends creative and successful acquisition, lapsed, additional gift, and renewal programs.
- Manages relationships with vendors related to direct mail; including printers, data vendors, and mail shops.
- Tests and monitors performance and adjust strategy/rotation as appropriate while seeking for new opportunities.
- Assists with managing the CRM and automated marketing platforms to implement timely and effective data quality, reporting, and effective segmentation for marketing efforts.
- Supervises and supports the customer service team to promote best customer service practices.
- Provides station personnel with data to implement best practices for donor communication and optimum retention.
- Shares data as requested to create targeted donor “thank-you’s” and informational mailings to increase the rate of overall donor retention.
- Implements and tracks marketing budgeting for Membership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Mission driven.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills, oral and written.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated management skills with a commitment to diversity and employee development.
- Thorough understanding of fundraising, membership, customer services and working with other development departments.
- Public Television development experience preferred.
- Database experience a must. Ability to perform data uploads, downloads, and report writing. Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to navigate professionally through personnel and time sensitive matters.
- Advanced customer service best practices experience.
- BA/BS or relevant experience in administration, marketing or sales.
- Minimum of two years of highly quantitative direct mail experience.
- Minimum of three years of management experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years of membership experience.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
KVIE EEO Policy: KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.