Reports To: Director of Production
Application Procedures: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com with Your Last Name MPS in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: Creates high quality, compelling content that captures audiences through engaging and thoughtful storytelling. Assignments may be independent endeavors from pre- through post-production, or in support of other projects as videographer and/or editor. Our ideal candidate is creative and thoughtful but also efficient with the ability to meet competing deadlines.
- Provides high quality, imaginative videography.
- Operates cameras, audio & lighting gear, and all ancillary equipment for field production.
- Edits, adds audio & visual & transition effects to, and inserts graphics to acquired content.
- For assigned independent endeavors: enterprises story ideas, researches topics, interviews subjects, writes scripts, and edits content. Obtains permission and releases for location and talent.
- Collaborates with producers in developing and executing ideas for capturing essential and creative content elements.
- Provides logistical and administrative support for production department.
- Crews on studio productions as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Ability to cover a broad range of topics and in a broad range of formats.
- Experience with proper and effective set-up and operations of professional field cameras, location lighting equipment, microphones and field audio gear.
- Experience with multiple formats for media acquisition, production technology and knowledge of broadcast standards as it relates to videography.
- Experience with non-linear editing hardware, software, and operations with emphasis on Adobe products.
- Experience with audio sweetening, video enhancing/correction techniques, and knowledge of broadcast standards as it relates to post-production.
- Experience processing photos and building basic text graphics for use in post-production.
- Experience writing and storytelling.
- Must be creative and resourceful.
- AA/BA/BS degree in related broadcast field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in single camera field production.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Light travel required.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
- Must be able to life, push, or pull up to 30lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
KVIE EEO Policy: KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.