Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume, salary requirements, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Graphic Designer in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: KVIE’s graphic designer is tasked with supporting internal clients by offering creative branding solutions for upcoming programs, events, campaigns, etc. Our ideal designer must be creative, organized, and highly productive while providing quality customer service. If you value public television and enjoy interacting with others, consider joining our KVIE team that is committed to bringing arts, ideas and adventures to everyone in our region.
- Serve as an account manager to organize, process, and produce graphic design requests submitted to the marketing department, working closely with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Plan, analyze, and create visual solutions for marketing communication needs, with efficient short and long term timeline management
- Create effective messages in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques
- Advise and execute layout and graphic needs for the production of monthly publication OnSix. Provide design and production support for other station publications, newsletters, and corporate reports
- Use extensive knowledge of HTML and template creation to design and execute online e-newsletters and support marketing automation campaigns for multiple departments
- While managing internal clients’ deadlines, produce promotional/marketing materials for the station and its services, including but not limited to: print and electronic advertisements and invitations; studio banners and other signage; social media graphics; posters; brochures; presentation folders; stationary; station branded items such as t-shirts and mugs; displays; and product packaging
- Support the digital promotion of station programs, initiatives, and events on kvie.org and pbs.org/kvie and other station online properties as assigned
- Coordinate and maintain print vendor relationships
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Self-directed, adaptable and collaborative team player with strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills and interest in, and ability to work with others
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project planning skills required
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with a team under tight deadlines
- Ability to use creative problem solving and work within the parameters of limited resources and regular deadlines
- Advanced experience with HTML and CSS
- Solid experience with Content Management Systems, including WordPress
- Intermediate to advanced software knowledge: Microsoft Office, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience effectively collaborating with clients/project coordinators and creative or art directors
- Valid driver’s license and ability to use company vehicle for limited local travel
- 3+ years professional design/layout experience
- 2+ years of updating existing HTML and web content and experience creating original layouts
- BA/BS degree in Multimedia Design or equivalent experience
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).