Department: Fundraising Events
Reports to: CFO/Associate General Manager
Application Procedures: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com with Your Last Name FE Assistant in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: The Fundraising Events Assistant provides administrative and technical support to the Fundraising Events team with special events and on-air fundraising drives. Additional key responsibilities include managing volunteers and executing successful KVIE Galleries. Our ideal candidate is organized, adaptable, and appreciates event planning. If you value public television and enjoy serving your community, consider joining a team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region!
- Provide administrative support to Fundraising Events department; including but not limited to art auction, Box Office tickets and concerts, pledge drives, and special events.
- Provide technical and administrative support to Art Curator. Manage the artist and art database including call for artist, marketing, mailings, art intake, art vault setup, live auction scheduling, volunteer training and management, and framer and gallery coordination.
- Manage the KVIE Gallery, including scheduling, artist communication, marketing, reception support, and installations.
- Regularly update and maintain on-air fundraising and special events content on multiple web and social media platforms.
- Participate in pledge process; including updating run-sheets and other pledge documents, and scheduling volunteers, and setting up the Green room for talent.
- Manage the volunteer program including but not limited to: recruitment, administration, training, and scheduling.
- Maintain the volunteer database.
- Assist with solicitation of vendors and in-kind donations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines and paying critical attention to production and technical details.
- Advanced PC skills with MS Office and WordPress. Photoshop preferred.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL) preferred.
- Internet research proficiency
- Experience working with online or live auctions preferred.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
Education and Experience:
- BA degree in Communications, Marketing or relevant program; or AA degree
- Minimum of 2 year’s administrative experience
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends during pledge drives and special events.
- Valid California driver’s license and meet company insurance requirements.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 30lbs with reasonable accommodation.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).