Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Facilities in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: December 16, 2016
Summary: KVIE has an immediate opening for an entry to mid-level specialist to support the maintenance and security of our building. Our ideal candidate is reliable and hardworking with the ability to multi-task with little supervision. This position is ideal for the ultimate DIY, problem-solver, jack of all trades employee. If you value public television consider joining our team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region.
- Monitor facility use for all tenants, including opening and/or closing and securing the building
- Train new facilities employees
- Maintain inventory and stock the main office supply room (generate a supply order)
- Assist with direct mail solicitations toward facility room rentals as needed
- Show Rental Facility Room(s) to potential clients as needed
- Facility setup of Rental Facility Room(s) to event specifications. May include tables, chairs, decoration, audiovisual equipment and other items as necessary.
- Monitor event activities as needed, which may include receiving clients, vendors, setup adjustments, occasional trash removal and minor janitorial, closing and securing the building after events.
- Support KVIE staff during pledge and other fundraising activities as needed.
- Perform maintenance and repairs of KVIE building & grounds.
- Miscellaneous building/warehouse maintenance duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience with use of hand tools, mechanical & electric power tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated training in the safe use of electric power tools and equipment.
- Formal training on forklift usage and safety. Forklift certification preferred.
- Electrical training/experience preferred
- HVAC experience/ certification preferred
- Client/customer focused
- Understand and perform duties from written/verbal instructions.
- Work well without direct supervision.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Available on-call 24/7 for emergencies and on-call staff questions.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).