Report To: Associate General Manager/CFO
Application Procedures: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Facilities Manager in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: Responsible for the overall maintenance, compliance, safety, and security of the KVIE building, equipment, and grounds. The Facilities team provides quality customer service to internal and external clients, tenants, and visitors. Our ideal team player is an expert project manager who can adapt to a changing facility with the creativity and experience to accomplish large projects with limited resources.
- Manages building safety and upkeep, facilities systems, landscaping and office equipment.
- Manages and maintains the facilities department budget and maintenance plans.
- Supports tenant and internal client facilities needs.
- Works closely with vendors including vetting vendors, maintaining contracts, scheduling service, and monitoring expenses.
- Manages preventative maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. Trains staff as backup.
- Schedules building compliance and inspection testing such as sprinklers, commercial kitchen, shut-off valve, elevator, ADA requirements, etc.
- Oversees, trains, and schedules facilities personnel.
- Manages facilities needs related to all events; community room, studio, in-house, off-site, etc.
- Maintains OSHA safety requirements. Works with manager to schedule repairs and training.
- Oversees the purchase of office materials and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated management skills with a commitment to diversity and team development.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and HVAC electronic systems.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Project management experience a must.
- Forklift and HVAC certified preferred with ability to train staff.
- Experience filing hazardous material plan (HMP) and meeting OSHA requirements.
- AA Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in facilities with mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
- Minimum of five years of quality management, coaching, and leadership experience.
- Minimum of two years of project management experience.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be available by phone 24/7 for all facilities emergencies.
- Requires standing, walking, lifting, pushing, and pulling with reasonable accommodation.
KVIE EEO Policy: KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.