Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Department: On-Air Fundraising and Events
Reports To: Director of On-Air Fundraising and Events
Application Procedures: Send cover letter and salary requirement with resume to email@example.com with Your Last Name Events in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: KVIE has an immediate opening for a mid-level event planner to coordinate profitable fundraising and community events. Our ideal candidate is creative and hardworking with the ability to multi-task with little supervision. This position is ideal for the ultimate party planner with a passion for supporting non-profit organizations. If you value public television consider joining our team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region.
- Manage and coordinate the execution of KVIE’s fundraising and community events including but not limited to: Art Auction Gala, Golf Classic, Big Day of Giving, artist workshops, screening events, performing arts concerts, #PBSNerd campaign.
- Volunteer planning for events, vendor management, event management, auction/raffle administration, event setup and teardown
- Develop new events with fundraising potential
- Partner with Marketing department on effective event marketing plans; aid in the development and design of all event print materials
- Support cross-department events as needed
- Manage special event budgets and relationships including product donations, licenses/permits
On-Air Fundraising Support
- Participate in on-air script writing process (i.e. writing, editing, managing, maintaining); Participate in on-air talent pool as needed
- Participate as a Staff Liaison during fundraising drives
- Partner with Director on community outreach activities related to fundraising
- Manage office volunteers assigned to On-Air Fundraising and events
- Other related duties as assigned
- Basic graphic design, letter writing, webpage management, vendor and supplier management
- Ability to professionally and positively represent KVIE
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and detail-oriented
- Effective verbal/written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of event planning preferred
- Volunteer management experience preferred
- Must be available evenings and weekends during fundraising drives and special events
- Must be able to push, pull, or lift up to 30lbs with reasonable accommodation
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).