Classification: Regular/Full-Time/ Exempt
Department: Production Technical
Reports to: Post Production Manager
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume, salary requirements, and links to your portfolio to email@example.com with Your Last Name Editor in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: KVIE has an immediate opening for an Editor to work closely with producers in creating quality local content. Our ideal candidate is creative, collaborative, and embraces the PBS style of storytelling. If you value public television and enjoy interacting with others, consider joining our team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region.
- Serve as editor for KVIE productions and other assigned projects.
- Operate computer-based non-linear editing system to create finished feature segments, programs, spot announcements, and special video projects.
- Operate associated video, audio, graphics, monitoring, archiving, and distribution equipment and software.
- Work independently, and as part of a team to produce content for KVIE and client productions; including possible involvement in all areas of creative and technical process.
- Work in production operations capacities as needed such as technical director, audio operator, camera operator and other field and studio positions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Non-linear computer editing hardware, software, and operations with preferred knowledge of Apple and/or Adobe products both on Mac and PC platforms
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines and paying critical attention to production and technical details.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team under the direction of different project leads.
- News, feature, documentary, spot, and other editing techniques.
- Television production equipment operations
- Work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
- Effective project management skills.
- Higher education degree preferred.
- Two years of professional experience on a non-linear computer editing system in a news, feature, or documentary producing facility.
- Broadcast quality videography skills highly desirable.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish desirable but not required.
- Valid CA driver’s license and pass of DMV driving record for KVIE vehicle insurance purposes
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).