Classification: Regular, Full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Associate General Manager - Chief Financial Officer
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Director of Development in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Develops successful communication, branding, and fundraising strategies. Manages activities to increase brand awareness and provides leadership for development/fundraising activities. Our ideal team player is innovative, high performing, and fosters a positive team culture.
If you value public television, consider joining our KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
- Provides strategic leadership for all organizational fundraising and resource development including corporate sponsorship, membership, mid-level gifts, on-air fundraising and special events, and marketing.
- Oversees and protects the KVIE brand with the goal of increasing awareness, maintaining brand standards, and ensuring maximum exposure.
- Manages and supports the sponsorship team in meeting goals, identifying prospects, and cultivating relationships.
- Manages and supports the marketing team in meeting internal deadlines and producing quality, error-free content for broadcast, print, social media, and digital.
- Identifies challenges and emerging issues affecting the ability to attract and retain viewers and donors. Supports the cultivation of all membership levels through direct mail, telemarketing, and special events.
- Engages, cultivates and manages press relationships and trade partnerships to promote programming, special events, and other projects.
- Maintains FCC compliance with respect to sponsorship and marketing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Demonstrated management skills with a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and employee development.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing programs to advance KVIE’s mission and goals.
- Keeps abreast of marketing and development/fundraising trends and best practices.
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action.
- Digital marketing experience a plus.
Education / Experience
- BA/BS degree in related fields or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight years of lead marketing and/or development, and management experience.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Light travel required.
- Must have a valid California’s driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.