Classification: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: On-Air Fundraising & Events
Reports To: On-Air Fundraising & Events Supervisor
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com with Your Last Name Curator in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best-suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
This seasonal role provides art expertise by overseeing the quality of art, communicating with artists, galleries, and art experts, and coordinating the awards jury process related to the annual art auction. Supports the PBS KVIE Gallery by selecting artists and assisting with installations. Our ideal team player is mission-driven, engaging, builds community relationships, and fosters the relationship between local artists and PBS KVIE.
If you value public television, consider joining our PBS KVIE team whose mission is to inspire you to explore the world and connect with your community through the integrity of public media.
- Assists with planning and executing a high-quality and profitable on-air art auction by evaluating art submissions during the call for artists, advising with on-air presentation of artwork, and supporting on-air art experts in effective communication about artwork.
- Procures art from open call, special collections, and participating galleries for art auction inclusion.
- Recruits jurors to serve in the awards process for the given art auction year, facilitates their viewing of the art collection, and participates in the awards ceremony.
- Assists with post auction sales, delivery, and repairs.
- Curates and promotes PBS KVIE’s six (6) art gallery exhibitions throughout the year.
- Provides training in art moving and handling for staff and volunteers participating in the art auction, PBS KVIE Gallery, and other arts-related events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission-driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders as a team.
- Positively and professionally represents PBS KVIE throughout the community.
- Flexible, project-directed schedule, based on arts-related functions:
-Art Auction season (April – October) weekly hours vary, ranging from 4 hours to 15 hours dependent upon projects. Additional hours may be required for the art auction production periods during September and October.
-Off season (November – March) shift to monthly schedule, with gallery support as needed.
- Familiarity with fundraising and comfort with use of artwork as a fundraising opportunity.
- Well-versed in the world of art, artistic forms, methods, and building relationships with local artists.
- Strong art procurement and marketing skills.
Education / Experience
- AA degree in related arts field or equivalent experience in art, art history, or marketing.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in an art-related industry.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and meet insurance standards.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Light local travel required.
|Description||0 – 24%||25 – 49%||50 – 74%||75 – 100%|
|Vision: Must be able to read computer screen for long periods of time and scrutinize various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and by phone.||X|
|Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 30lbs.||X|
|Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
|Note: The physical requirements listed may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.|
KVIE EEO Policy: KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.