Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Associate General Manager & CFO
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Your Last Name Payroll in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: KVIE has an immediate opening for an entry-mid-level Staff Accountant. Our ideal candidate is experienced in payroll law, timekeeping systems, and general accounting principles. Opportunity for additional responsibilities based on training and assessment. If you value public television and enjoy interacting with others, consider joining our team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and related payroll reporting; including timesheets & vacation/sick accruals, manual checks & direct deposit, calculating commission checks, workers compensation premiums, payroll taxes & quarterly reports
- Process all membership-related receipts and deposits
- Maintain payroll and timesheet database system and train new hires
- Submit and reconcile monthly benefits billing
- Reconcile monthly statements; identifying and resolving discrepancies on accounts
- Process accounting mail
- Track outstanding checks
- Reconcile operating checking account on a monthly basis
- Record receipts, invoices, etc. to the general ledger and/or related subsidiary reports as needed
- Responsible for daily coding, recording and tracking of accounting records.
- Provide administrative and accounting support to accounting and human resources department as needed
- Adhere to guidelines and policies relating to KVIE’s financial procedures and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of payroll law, accounting practices, procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
- Skill and experience in performing detailed numerical computations and preparing detailed accounting reports
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel), electronic accounting systems (QuickBooks), membership database (SalesForce) and electronic time keeping systems
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 3 year’s payroll experience
- 3-years progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).