Report To: Director of Technology
Application Procedures: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Master Control in the subject line. Cover letter MUST answer these three questions: Why do you want to be a part of KVIE? What makes you the best suited candidate for this position? What three values will you bring to our organization?
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: Monitors the quality and accuracy of our on-air signals, ensures the transmission meets regulations and standards, and supports Engineering team with projects as needed. Our ideal candidate is an analytical problem-solver and well-versed in FCC regulations with a technical acumen to support Engineering needs. If you value public television and enjoy serving your community, consider joining a team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region!
- Monitors the transmitter, on-air automation & switching, and video tape servers for multiple broadcast streams with minimal errors and omissions.
- Supports the Engineering team with transmission and broadcast related projects, such as making video cables, wiring patch panels, and maintaining wire list records.
- Meets compliance expectations to FCC Closed Caption and EAS.
- Oversees cable operation and program playback and recordings.
- Ensures that all signals operate within FCC guidelines and follows KVIE standard operating procedures.
- Completes logs, reports, and other tasks per FCC guidelines and as assigned.
- Monitors and adjusts levels of equipment to optimal specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be mission driven and passionate about the role of public media.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective and proactive communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Understands transmitter and remote-control systems, video, audio, and RF flow, and timing for a television broadcast and production facility.
- Strong understanding of HDTV.
- Strong understand of ATSC audio and video signal measurement and evaluation techniques.
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
- AA in broadcast or similar field or similar experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in television broadcast master control operation.
- Minimum of two years of broadcast engineering experience.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- SBE Certification desirable.
KVIE EEO Policy: KVIE is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. KVIE prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. KVIE conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Due to the high volume of calls, we will not accept or respond to phone inquiries. Candidates will receive an electronic acknowledgement after receipt of resume and cover letter. Further, qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.