Classification: Temporary Part-Time /On Call /Non-Exempt
Department: Broadcast Operations
Reports To: Director of Technology
Application Procedures: Send cover letter with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Your Last Name Staff Master Control in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Summary: KVIE has an immediate opening for an on-call Master Control Operator to support staff during vacations, sick leave, and holidays. This position is ideal for skilled operators who are organized with the ability to work under pressure with little supervision. If you value public television and enjoy interacting with others, consider joining our team committed to bringing arts, ideas, and adventures to our region.
- Provides back-up support when Master Control Operators are on vacation, sick, or otherwise detained from their regular schedule
- Operation of on-air automation, transmitter, switcher and video tape recorders for multiple broadcast streams with a minimum of errors and omissions.
- Operates all broadcast and production related equipment as required for doing program dubs, timings, cueing and editing.
- Monitor and verify that all signals operate within FCC guidelines and follow all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete logs, reports and other tasks per FCC regulations while serving as designated FCC Chief Operator.
- Monitor and adjust levels of equipment to insure it operates within nominal specifications.
- Work under pressure while paying strict attention to detail.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of broadcast television automation systems
- Strong working knowledge of transmitter remote-control systems, video, audio, internet, internet protocol, video and audio servers.
- Familiar with FCC rules and regulations for TV broadcast.
- Strong understanding of HDTV resolutions and conversions.
- Strong understanding of ATSC audio and video signal measurement and evaluation techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 3 years of recent experience in television broadcast master control operation.
- SBE Certification desirable.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).