Underwriting on KVIE
Overview | On-Air Sponsorship | On-Air Message Guidelines | Program Listings By Genre |
Community Outreach & Special Events | KVIE's Audience | Contact KVIE Underwriting
Guidelines for On-Air Sponsor Messages
Credits of KVIE are intended as a way of thanking and identifying underwriters. In general, credits on public television maintain a noncommercial sound, in keeping with the noncommercial nature of public broadcasting.
KVIE can produce a spot for your organization or air and exisitng, preproduced spot. Most existing image or business brand spots are ideally suited for KVIE's unique low -clutter, highly credible environment. Those sponsor messages that do not meet FCC standards for public television may require minor changes.
Click here to view samples of KVIE produced spots.
Click here to view samples of pre-produced spots.
Sponsor messages may:
- Be :10, :15 or :30 in length
- Identify and depict sponsor's products or services
- Show a logo
- Use a well-established slogan or corporate positioning statement
- Show a telephone number
- Show a web site address
- Show event dates and locations
- Use music or sound effects identifying the company, people, and other voice-overs (Rights to music must be cleared first by client or agency)
- Make an association between sponsor and program
Sponsor messages may not:
- Use comparative or superlative language.
- Offer price, discount or financing information (including "free")
- Use calls to action which direct the viewer to call, visit, try, or compare
- Use inducement to buy statements that direct the viewer to purchase the product (e.g. free trial period, 2 for 1, etc)
- Include endorsements
For More Information
KVIE Channel 6
2030 W. El Camino Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95833
If you'd like to receive a newsletter via e-mail with news and special opportunities to current and prospective underwriters, send us a note.