Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable
Send cover letter and salary requirements with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Accountant AP in the subject heading.
Deadline to Apply: April 5, 2013
Summary: KVIE is hiring for a mid-level Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate will have accounts payable experience, specifically working with cash flow, payroll taxes, and purchase orders. If you value public television consider joining our KVIE team that is committed to bringing quality programming to everyone in our region.
- Record disbursements, expenses, and other transactions by posting to records or ledgers;
- Responsible for accounts payable, daily coding, recording and tracking of purchase orders, travel expenditures, and check requests.
- Perform activity based costing.
- Reconcile monthly expenditure statements; identify and resolve account discrepancies.
- Interpret guidelines and policies relating to financial procedures and practices.
- Respond to direct inquiries and handle correspondence with internal departments and outside vendors.
- Prepare appropriate and accurate month-end and year-end accruals.
- Monitor daily cash and prepare weekly cash projections to determine cash availability for weekly check run.
- Prepare monthly summary of cash outflows for month-end cash flow statement.
- Manage chart of accounts and project codes.
- Manage corporate credit cards.
- Assist with yearend independent audit.
- Research and prepare routine and non-routine schedules and reports as directed.
- Responsible for maintenance and operation of the accounts payable system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of accounting practices, procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
- Skill and experience in performing detailed numerical computations and preparing detailed accounting reports
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and electronic accounting systems; QuickBooks and Access Database.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or a related area with accounting coursework and/or;
- 3-years progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).