Junior Staff Accountant
Send cover letter with resume to email@example.com with Your Last Name Accountant in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: March 8, 2013
Summary: KVIE is hiring for an entry-mid level staff accountant. The ideal candidate will have experience processing payroll through QuickBooks, administering an electronic timesheet system and basic accounting skills. If you value public television consider joining our KVIE team that is committed to bringing quality programming to everyone in our region.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and related payroll reporting; including timesheets & vacation/sick accruals, manual checks & direct deposit, calculating commission checks, workers compensation premiums, payroll taxes & quarterly reports
- Process all membership-related receipts and deposits
- Maintain payroll and timesheet database system
- Submit and reconcile monthly benefits billing
- Reconcile monthly statements; identifying and resolving discrepancies on accounts
- Maintain accurate fixed asset records
- Process accounting mail
- Track outstanding checks
- Record receipts, invoices, etc. to the general ledger and/or related subsidiary reports as needed
- Responsible for daily coding, recording and tracking of accounting records.
- Provide administrative and accounting support to accounting department
- Adhere to guidelines and policies relating to KVIE’s financial procedures and practices
- Respond to inquiries and correspondence with internal and external clients/vendors
- Research and prepare routine and non-routine schedules and reports
- General filing and admin as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of accounting practices, procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
- Skill and experience in performing detailed numerical computations and preparing detailed accounting reports
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel), electronic accounting systems (QuickBooks), membership database (SalesForce) and electronic time keeping systems
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or a related area with accounting coursework, or equivalent work experience
- 3-years progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).