Fundraising Events Intern
||Maximum 20 hrs/wk – flexible schedule, 6-month term
||Director, Fundraising Events
Send cover letter with resume to email@example.com with Your Last Name Fundraising Intern in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: May 24, 2013
Summary: This internship is ideal for a student interested in gaining event planning and fundraising experience. Our ideal candidate will be organized, creative and able to multi-task under pressure. If you are passionate about our commitment to the community and education consider joining the KVIE team!
- Support Fundraising Events staff at KVIE events and membership drives (event planning and execution)
- Data analysis and validation for membership drives, art auction, and volunteer data systems
- Participate in live productions by running teleprompter, providing computer assistance to volunteers, auditing member donations, co-producing live breaks, and other production duties as needed
- Programming research and assisting with scheduling as needed
- Provide administrative support to Fundraising Events, including but not limited to special events, Director of Fundraising Events
- Assist in the management of volunteers database
- Assist in contacting and scheduling volunteers for all events as needed
- Create and distribute monthly volunteer email newsletter
- Other related duties as assigned
- Strong computer skills with experience in Windows: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and internet experience, including social media
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task with little supervision
- Ability to professionally and positively represent KVIE to internal and external customers
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and detail-oriented
- Effective and proven verbal/written communication skills
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student or recent graduate within 6-months majoring in Business Administration, Event/Hospitality Management, Technology, Media, Communications, or related field.
- One-year general office/clerical experience preferred
- Must be available evenings and weekends during membership drives and special events
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).