Fundraising Events Coordinator
||Director of Fundraising
Send cover letter and salary requirements with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Fundraising Events in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: March 27, 2013
Summary: KVIE is hiring for a mid-level event coordinator. The ideal candidate will have experience planning, coordinating and executing successful fundraising events. If you value public television consider joining our KVIE team that is committed to bringing quality programming to everyone in our region.
- Manage the annual Art Auction Preview Gala, including but not limited to: Call for Artists marketing, event marketing, vendor and guest management, event setup and teardown.
- Manage the annual Golf Classic, including but not limited to: volunteer planning and management, vendor management, on-course event management, auction/raffle administration, event setup and teardown.
- Manage the annual Online Auction, including but not limited to: vendor solicitation, database analysis, reporting, auction administration, shipping/receiving, customer service.
- Coordinate and manage additional Fundraising Events as needed.
- Partner with Marketing department on effective event marketing plans; aid in the development and design of all event print materials and forms.
- Manage special event budgets and relationships including: donated goods, relationship management and related services.
Pledge Fundraising Coordination
- Participate in on-air script writing process (i.e. writing, editing, managing, maintaining); Participate in on-air talent pool (as needed).
- Participate as a Pledge Staff Liaison during pledge drives.
- Partner with Director on community outreach activities related to fundraising.
- Manage office volunteers assigned to Fundraising Events.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to professionally and positively represent KVIE to internal and external customers.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and detail-oriented.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of event planning preferred.
- Volunteer management experience preferred.
- Must be available evenings and weekends during pledge drives and special events.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).