Education Outreach Intern
||Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Flexible Schedule (16-20 hrs/wk)
Send cover letter with resume to email@example.com with Your Last Name Education in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: February 8, 2013
Summary: KVIE is hiring for the part-time position of Education Outreach Intern. The ideal candidate will be a junior, senior, graduate student status or recent graduate within 6-months with a major in early childhood development or education. If you value public television consider joining our KVIE team that is committed to bringing quality programming to everyone in our region.
- General administrative and clerical duties related to outreach initiatives including but not limited to assisting with the inventory of materials, coordination of mailings, follow-up telephone calls with community partners, etc.
- Assist with development of print materials and web content
- Assist with the assembly and preparation of materials for literacy workshops
- Attend occasional evening and weekend community outreach events and assist with distribution of resources and facilitation of hands-on craft activity with young children and families.
- Conduct online and other research for various education initiatives.
- Other related clerical duties and data entry as needed.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Windows: Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet research
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Spanish verbal skills helpful, but not required
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task with little supervision
- Work occasional evening or weekend for community outreach events
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Valid CA driver’s license and must meet company insurance standards
- Senior or Graduate student majoring in Education, Communications, or related field.
- Experience working with community outreach or children’s projects.
- 1-year general office/clerical experience.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).