Broadcast TV Maintenance Technician
||Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
IBEW: Maintenance Technician
||Director of Engineering
Send cover letter with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Your Last Name Maintenance Tech in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: January 18, 2013
KVIE is hiring for the position of Maintenance Technician for broadcast television. The ideal candidate has working knowledge of broadcast technology, strong problem-solving ability and an appetite for new challenges. If you value public television consider joining our KVIE team that is committed to bringing quality programming to everyone in our region.
- Maintenance and repair of broadcast television, IT, transmitter and microwave equipment.
- Assist Director of Engineering with creating and maintaining preventive maintenance procedures.
- Participate in technical system specifications, design, installation and training.
- Keep abreast of current FCC rules, ATSC digital broadcasting specifications and PBS standards for technical quality.
- Regularly evaluate and recommend improvements for all technical systems.
- Monitor equipment performance and adjust equipment to operate within nominal specifications.
- Respond to the operational & technical needs of other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge and experience of standard technical procedures in trouble-shooting, repairing and maintaining television broadcast, transmission, and information technology equipment.
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Windows, Mac OS, Linux, MS office. Experience with Autocad a plus.
- Understanding of digital and analog video and audio waveforms, standards, and specifications. Demonstrated skill in using digital waveform monitors i.e. Tektronix WFM-700, bit stream analyzers i.e. Rhode & Schwartz DVM-400 and EFA 8VSB monitor.
- Must be well versed in digital audio/video standards, specifications, and measurement related to digital television signals.
- Must possess a firm grasp of MPEG, Dolby Digital (AC3) audio, and other video and audio encoding, compression schemes and techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of digital transport and transmission methods such as SDI, HD-SDI, AC3, AES, ASI, SMPTE-310, QPSK QAM8/16 and 8VSB.
- Understanding of ATSC digital broadcasting PSI and PSIP meta-data, its implementation.
- Sound knowledge and demonstrable skill in configuring and maintaining computers, IT device communications, automation systems, remote control, Ethernet LAN, fiber channel, SAN & NAS systems, as well as the routing/switching of TCP/IP.
- Must understand the configuration and implementation of devices using SNMP for system control, event logging, and computer system management.
- Ability to work at a high level of productivity with minimal supervision both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Information Technology or equivalent education and or experience.
- 5-years of experience in television broadcast, production and IT network equipment maintenance.
- Valid California Driver’s License and maintain a driving record according to specifications set by KVIE’s insurance carriers. Proof of automobile liability insurance required.
- SBE Certification desirable.
- Available for night and weekend work as needed.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).