Air Operations Technician
IBEW: Operations Technician
to: Director of Engineering
Application Procedure: Send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Last Name Air Ops in the subject line.
- Operation of on-air automation, transmitter, switcher and video tape recorders for multiple broadcast streams with a minimum of errors and omissions.
- Operates all broadcast and production related equipment as required for doing program dubs, timings, cueing and editing.
- Monitor and verify that all signals operate within FCC guidelines and follow all KVIE Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete logs, reports and other tasks per FCC regulations and KVIE’s designated FCC Chief Operator.
- Monitor and adjust levels of equipment to insure it operates within nominal specifications.
- Work under pressure while paying strict attention to detail.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong working knowledge of broadcast television automation systems
- Understanding of transmitter & remote control systems, video, and audio. Internet, Internet Protocol, PC’s and Windows XP, video and audio servers.
- Familiar with FCC rules and regulations for TV broadcast.
- Strong understanding of HDTV resolutions and conversions.
- Strong understanding of ATSC audio and video signal measurement and evaluation techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Three years experience in television broadcast master control operation.
- SBE Certification desirable.
- Available weekends and evenings
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).